COLLECTION OF TRADE FEES
The application and issue of a trade permit have been eased with the coming in Force of the Business Facilitation Act 2006.
Procedure for a trade Permit
1. Applicant should call at the Business of Registration Office, Cathedral square Building, Jules Koenig street, Port Louis for a Business Registration Card with National Identity Card (Individual) or Certificate of Incorporation, National Identity Card of Director and Companies Act, (for Companies).
2. Applicant should then apply for Building and Land Use Permit for activities warranting such a permit (refer to Planning section)
3. Application for trade permit is then made at the Public Health Department. The following documents are required:
1) Copy of Business Registration Card
2) Copy of National Identity Card (Individual) or Certificate of Incorporation, National Identity Card of Director and Companies Act.(for Companies).
3) Copy of Building and Land Use permit
4) Copy of Site, Layout and Location plans
5) Letter of authorization from owner for tenant
4. Payment of Trade Fees
5. Ex post control visit by Health Inspectors
Payment of Trade Fees
The trade permit expires on the 31st of December of each year
The Renewal of a trade permit is effected from the 1st January to 15 January after which a 50 % surcharge shall be levied on the trade fees.
Cessation of Business
Applicant who wishes to cease their business shall inform in writing the Chief Executive within a period of 15 days before expiry of the trade permit
Enforcement of relevant regulations
The main law which is enforced is the Local Government Act 2003